Professional Development Opportunities
OSU Extension encourages personal and professional growth of all Extension employees through training and development.
National Urban Extension Leaders (NUEL)
National Urban Extension Leaders (NUEL) is geared toward creating a network for collective impact currently with active participation from 23 states. NUEL is passionate and committed to moving urban Extension forward realizing each state in the Cooperative Extension System is different and may have diverse ideas and strategies for meeting urban needs.
Leadership in the City Course
Leadership in the City is a professional development program for Extension professionals working in urban areas who aim to be locally relevant, responsive statewide and recognized nationally. The online course is typically offered annually. The curriculum builds upon existing leadership experiences, management training, and Extension professional development. Follow this link to learn more.
Joint Council of Extension Professionals (JCEP)
- National Joint Council of Extension Professionals
- Ohio Joint Council of Extension Professionals (JCEP)
National Extension Associations
- Membership Opportunities
- Epsilon Sigma Phi (ESP)
- The National Association of Extension 4-H Youth Development Professionals (NAE4-HYDP)
- National Association of County Agricultural Agents (NACAA)
- National Extension Association of Family and Consumer Sciences(NEAFCS)
- National Association of Community Development Extension Professionals (NACDEP)
- Association of Natural Resource Extension Professionals (ANREP)
- National Association of Extension Program and Staff Development Professionals (NAEPSDP)
- National Cooperative Extension Awards
- National Urban Extension Leaders Regional & National Awards
- Ohio Joint Council of Extension Professionals