Celebrating Kindness in Ohio Communities –
Where We Live, Work,
Play, Learn & Serve
OSU Extension has joined the global community to celebrate Urban October. Urban October was created by UN Habitat as an opportunity for everyone to be part of the conversation about the challenges and opportunities created by the fast rate of change in cities and towns. Ohio’s theme this year is Celebrating Kindness in Ohio Communities – Where We Live, Work, Play, Learn & Serve.
Celebrating Urban October provides a foundation for deeper engagement that contributes to healthy urban communities and urban-, suburban-, and rural-relationships. The Ohio State University already collaborates with communities throughout the state through alumni, faculty, staff, students/interns, volunteers, and community partners. As part of the university’s Land-Grant mission, OSU Extension engages with all of Ohio’s 88 counties, including the metro areas.
2023 activities include:
- OSU Grow Kindness Project - Three Columbus campus locations (Oct 17) and five statewide campus locations.
- University- and statewide-campaigns throughout October to increase awareness of OSU Extension and The Ohio State University connections in Ohio cities.
- Urban October Toolkit for community participation.
- Urban October - Global Campaign
Urban October will continue to develop in coming years to foster local, state, national, and global connections. There are plenty of opportunities to keep the celebration and conversation going. For additional information, contact Julie Fox, Director Strategic Initiatives and Urban Engagement.
2022 Urban October overview:
- 2022 Urban October Story (CFAES News)
- OSU Kindness Food Insecurity Packing & Distribution (media coverage)
- Complete 2022 Urban October Archive
2021 Urban October overview: