Each Year OSU Extension hosts an annual urban summit to highlight and address the unique work done throughout Ohio's metro areas. The summit is open to all interested Extension professionals who believe in or want to better understand the Extension mission in the urban context.
- To better understand and address the real-life context of Extension work in urban communities (scale, diversity, complexity, urban-rural interface).
- To strategically leverage relevant resources from the university, college, National Urban Extension Leaders (NUEL), and other national networks.
- To collaboratively focus on OSU Extension's strategies to be relevant locally, responsive statewide, recognized nationally.
- To strengthen Ohio by strengthening cities and urban-rural connections.
2021 OSU Extension Annual Urban Summit
Friday, October 1, 2021, 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
A fun agenda for the free virtual event included the opportunity to
- connect with urban colleagues,
- create new tools to better connect with your community through storytelling, and
- learn about a new Urban October campaign and how you can be involved.
Here are some resources from the Summit:
- Summit PowerPoint
- Gifts Word Cloud
- Brian’s Storytelling PowerPoint & Storytelling Resource Handout
- Situation Room Briefing
- Screenshots from Situation Rooms
- List of Registrants
- Urban Plan of Work Goal Progress Update
- Urban Ag Highlights
Share your Stories – 1 image + 100 words:
Inspiration, success, accomplishments, and innovation! Using one image and 100 words share with your urban OSU Extension colleagues what you have been doing to “create opportunities for people to explore how science-based knowledge can improve social, economic, and environmental conditions in our urban and metro communities. We will help share these stories during Urban October.