Ohio State University Extension Urban Specialist - New Position
The Urban Extension Specialist in the Department of Extension will address Ohio State University's RAISE themes of race, economic opportunity, and leadership. The successful candidate will foster a dynamic hub of innovation linking the priorities of urban communities with university assets. The position will advance Ohio State's efforts to coordinate and facilitate community-engaged research and relevant programming to address equity in the areas of food, health and wellness, environment, economic and workforce development, community leadership, and other concerns facing Ohio’s urban communities.
As part of Extension’s Community Development team, this new faculty member will foster interdisciplinary and community-engaged solutions to address Ohio’s urban influence and urban-rural connections. The urban Extension specialist will collaborate with other university colleagues, community and business leaders, elected officials, state and local development professionals, nonprofit and non-governmental organization leaders, and other influencers to ensure productive sharing of ideas and practices regarding equitable engagement for equitable opportunity across socioeconomic and geographic profiles.
This position reports to Ohio State Extension's Assistant Director of Community Development in the College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences.
• Position is a senior-level faculty, 12 month position, 60% Extension, 40% applied research and teaching.
• Position location: Columbus campus (negotiable)
• Education: PhD in urban studies, urban affairs, urban policy, community development, city and regional planning, or discipline applicable to the duties and responsibilities outlined.
• Salary will be competitive and commensurate with education and experience.
• Direct or indirect experience with university Extension preferred.
Applicants need to apply at https://hr.osu.edu/careers/
Internal applicants must apply through Workday.
Position Reference Number: R88951