2019 Extension Annual Conference Proposal Submission & Event Information
Thursday, September 13th, 2018
The Call for Proposals is now open for the Extension Annual Conference and Community Engagement Conference. Submissions will be accepted until October 3. Event Information: The Community Engagement Conference is being planned by a university-wide committee with OSU Extension and the Office of Outreach and Engagement leading the efforts and input from more than 20 areas of the university. This year’s theme is Partnering for a Resilient and Sustainable Future, which we believe captures a vast array of work within Extension and across the university. Community Engagement Conference – Ohio Union Day 1: Wednesday, January 23, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Day 2: Thursday, January 24, 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Note: times are subject to change and full program details will follow Extension Annual Conference is being planned by a committee of Extension professionals, with Ohio JCEP leading the session content selection. This day does not have a specific theme, but will continue to capitalize on Partnering for a Resilient and Sustainable Future of our Extension organization. Extension Annual Conference – Ohio Union Awards Program: Thursday, January 24, 2018, 4:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. (dinner included) Annual Conference: Friday, January 25, 2018, 7:30 a.m. – 2:45 p.m. Note: times are subject to change and full program details will follow Call for Proposals Proposal submission is combined for the Community Engagement Conference and the Extension Annual Conference (for Extension employees only), and can be accessed via this link http://go.osu.edu/2019call. To ensure you are considered correctly:
- After you access the submission site, you will need to enter your name and email address to register and then you will receive an invitation email with a personalized link to your submission record.
- On the first page, near the bottom, you will see the question, “Are you an employee of Ohio State University Extension?” Please select “Yes.”
- If you select “No,” your submission WILL NOT be reviewed or considered for the Extension Annual Conference on Friday, January 23.
- If you select “Yes,” you will have the option to select which days to be considered.
- Selecting “Yes” above will prompt an additional question to appear: “Select the option for which your proposal should be considered.”
- Here, you can select to be considered for ONLY the Extension Annual Conference, ONLY the Community Engagement Conference, or for both.
- If you select one, but not the other (e.g. Extension Annual Conference only), then your submission will only be reviewed by the selection committee for that specific conference.
- If you select to be considered for both conferences, then your submission will be reviewed by both committees and may be accepted for either or both.
- After the first page, most of the submission form is the same, so please proceed as prompted.
- If you selected to be considered for Friday (Extension Annual Conference), on the second page you will see options to select which impact areas and which “improving area” (partnerships, programming, practices, people) is applicable to your proposal.
- You will not see these two prompts if you did not select to be considered for Friday.
Posted In: 4-H Youth Development, Ag & Natural Resources, City CED, Community Development, Engaged Ohioians, Vibrant Communities, Environmental Quality, Family & Consumer Sciences, Health and Wellness in the City, Meetings/Conferences, Sustainable Food Systems, Thriving Across the Lifespan, Workforce Development