Exploratory Research Groups Are Launching
Exploratory Research Groups (ERGs) are designed to support early-stage, exploratory research and creative expression on a range of faculty-determined topics. The Ohio State University Sustainability Institute (SI), in collaboration with other units and programs on campus, aims to support researchers from across the university in growing collaborative, interdisciplinary teams focused on sustainability or resilience topics. SI is committed to supporting ERGs through ongoing partnership, including support through networking, in-kind services, and limited financial resources as possible, to best address the unique challenges and opportunities of each group. The overall intent of ERGs are to:
- Help build connections and community across researchers with similar interests.
- Support and grow ongoing interactions of interdisciplinary groups faculty and researchers that may also include students or external partners.
- Provide a means for faculty or research staff that are new to the university to meet their community of similarly interested scholars.
- Grow the capacity of interdisciplinary teams to compete for larger grants and awards.
- Provide opportunities for mentorship, leadership and professional development for junior faculty and researchers.