In a pandemic-driven season that saw a surge of e-commerce, the top metros feature a strong presence of logistics hubs like Chicago, the Midwest megaregion that returns to its spot at the top of the Tier 1 rankings. Indeed, the Midwest makes a resounding statement with not just Chicago, but Toledo, Ohio, and Sioux City, Iowa, emerging from the nationwide pack as Tier 2 and Tier 3 winners, Toledo sharing its first-place finish with fellow first-timer Savannah, Georgia. Follow this link to read more.
Sourced from: Site Selection
Celebrating Family and Consumer Sciences Educator Day on Wednesday, February 12, 2020Family and Consumer Sciences (FCS): the field of study focused on the science and art of living and working well in our complex world. Family and Consumer Sciences Educators: career title of individuals most often found working in secondary, post-secondary, and Extension programs. Who should celebrate Family and Consumer Sciences Educator Day? Anyone who wants to:
- celebrate Family and Consumer Sciences Educators
- share the story of FCS education's relevance in today’s society, and effectiveness in addressing modern life needs within our United States
- encourage students to consider careers as FCS educators
- If you are a problem solver and you’re considering your best career path, learn more about Family and Consumer Sciences. It’s a field of study that benefits a variety of careers.
- If you are reading this and thinking, “I know an FCS Educator,” take a moment to let them know what you appreciate about them. If someone is comfortable being in the spotlight, please share their story widely. If someone prefers working in the background, it’s a good time to recognize what they contribute to this field. Send a note, post a message, or share a picture of the professionals that contribute to strong families and communities.
- If you are reading this and thinking, “I wish I knew an FCS Educator” check out your local schools and Extension office. Occasionally, FCS is not given the recognition it deserves. While FCS Educators could be spending more time promoting the work they do, my guess is that most of my peers will spend FCS Educator Day, similar to other workdays. They will be building a better community, working with one person, family, or class at a time and not necessarily seeking accolades.
Tags: Lucas County