OSU Extension programs help people make informed choices and lead local efforts aimed at maintaining or improving environmental quality for future generations. Through their involvement in these programs, participants gain a greater understanding of their role in a global community and become stewards of the planet.
- Reduce, reuse, and recycle practices are good for the environment. More than 715 individuals in Lorain County have learned about good environmental practices such as used and waste products being converted to new products which results in saved resources and less landfill.
- Environmental stewardship is a priority for Ohio farmers, OSU, and the Ohio Department of Agriculture. Throughout the state, farmers were provided Pesticide Recertification Training and/or Fertilizer Application Certification Training. At the Tri-State Green Industry Conference held in Hamilton County, training was provided for more than 600 commercial and private pesticide applicators.
- The 2016 NACDEP Educational Material Awards Team Honorable Mention went to Cynthia Bond, Nancy Bowen Ellzey, Myra Moss and Eric Romich, Joe Bonnell and Joe Campbell for Preparing Communities for Shale Development Through Sustainable Planning.
- The 2016 NAE4HA Excellence in Natural Resources/Environmental Education Award went to the team of Kim Catchpole and Nate Arnett.
- In 2015 the NACDEP Cross-Program Award: Team Awad went to Eric Romich, Greg Davis, Chris Bruynis, Wm. Bruce Clevenger, and Larry Gearhardt for their work On-Farm Solar Energy Development. This award recognizes excellence in Extension work that combines or integrates Community Resources and Economic Development (CRED) activities with work in other program areas.
- Environmental Professionals Network
- Ohio Environmental Leaders Institute
- Pesticide Applicator Training and Recertification
- Ohio Certified Volunteer Naturalist
- Air Quality
- Environment, Economy, Development & Sustainability
- The Sustainable Urban Forest Guide
- Urban Ecosystems - International Journal
- Urban Conservation and Stormwater Management Links